3 Things that went right:
- I think I did a good job when it came to working on someone else’s code. It can be difficult sometimes but I now know all the ins and outs of most of the scripts in the game.
- I’ve always shied away from working on UI but this project had me working on it quite a bit. I learned a lot of new things so I will be able to do more UI work in the future.
- I actually used the trello board for once. I had many classes that wanted us to use it but this is the first time I used it effectively.
3 Things that went wrong:
- Task management was an issue. We had a trello board to designate tasks and it worked well for the first week or 2 but as the tasks started to turn into “fix bugs” and “polish game” it was hard to make actual tasks for that
- There were a lot of bugs and a lot of them are still there. Like semi-game breaking ones. Its a shame because I feel like it was a big hindrance when it came to play testers enjoyment of the game.
- I didn’t keep up to date with the group enough. Most of the time I had no idea what other people were working on.
Lesson I learned:
- I think what I learned is that I need to stay motivated when working on a project. I lost interest fairly early and I think it showed in my output. I also had some ideas on what the game needed but I didn’t bring them up since I lost interest in the game and didn’t feel like implementing my ideas. I think getting more input into whatever projects I am working on would help with my motivation as well.
- I also learned that I need to play test games more. I did not play the game nearly enough so I didn’t know what was wrong with the game until it was a little too late into production.