This past week consisted of taking care of a handful of smaller scale but important tasks. The thing I spent the most time on this week was implementing the cave paintings that Julie made into various levels. Getting them to look right was trickier than I expected it to be, and required me to learn a bit about how Unity materials worked. In the end, I’m happy with the results. Adding any other paintings in the upcoming week should be much less time consuming now that I know what I’m doing.
While the level designers had already picked locations for most of the collectible journals in their respective levels, I found that we still had some extra notes left over. After adding a few more to certain levels, I spent some time plugging in the actual notes themselves that popup once the player collects them. In addition, I worked with Kyle on coming up with some tips and messages for the new “game over” screens that he is working on, and I made a ramp for the trench in the Vulture level along with a few other minor adjustments — the player now starts the level in tall grass for instance.
I should also mention that I’ve been making some edits to the ending cinematic, though I made no major progress on it this week. It will be a point of focus for me next week however.