This week went well. We realized last week that Rick the Archaeologist didn’t have an animation for pulling a lever. So the first thing I worked on was the lever pull animation and successfully created an animation. Most of the time on this was spent on trying to emphasize that Rick is trying to pull the lever.
Along with that, I started working on the snake animations. I had a little trouble trying to get the snake’s idle pose right. I looked up a few references for a while. Its chase animation was a simple as using a sine deformer to make it slither. Now, I have to create a transition animation from the snake’s idle stance to his chase animation so that it follows better.
As I said earlier, the Trello board really helps me know what to do and what steps I have to take to complete it.
Tags: Animation, Snake, Lever, Rick