Our team made a lot of really solid progress these past couple of weeks. Personally, I was glad to be able to get a lot of concept art done. Having already gotten the designs for the game’s two main characters done, with their modelling now underway, it was time to move onto the game’s enemies. We decided early on that there would at least be these three enemy types that we wanted: a snake, an eagle, and a wolf. It has been a challenge drawing animals for the first time while also doing so in a simpler, cartoon-ish style that is very different from my own. That said, I am pretty happy with the results – particularly the wolf.
The game’s enemies were a big focus for me during this recent stretch of development. So the following week, I made orthographic-views for the wolf and eagle enemies so that modelling could begin as soon as possible.
Lastly, we made a lot of progress in figuring out the game’s story. I feel really confident in the direction that it is taking. We even came up with an antagonist who will force the game’s heroes to work together. I did some concept art, but we all agreed pretty early on what he would look like.